Thursday 25 November 2010

Planning for Photography


When designing my front cover and contents page, I gained ideas on how I wanted my photography to look. Ideas were also gained during the prelim photography task. I decided on my front cover being a face on shot of my main celebrity in the magazine. I then wanted a small image of her and then the other images on the contents page to be of a new group. To do this successfully, I need to conduct two photo shoots.

Organisation of photo shoot
 
For my first photo shoot, this will be of my main star in my magazine. For this I will use my sister as I believe she is a young female, with a star striking face and amazing hair. These are the features of music stars which are used on real media products.

I will need to consider:
  • Costume and make-up
  • Body language
  • Facial expression
  • Background
I will conduct the photo shoot in my house, as it is a safe environment. Also in my home, I will be able to position the model and edit make-up and costume to make my photo successful. For the first set of images, I will take various close up and then decide which is my favourite at the end of the photography process. The next set of photographs, I will take a set of moving images, yet focused to portray the dance theme in my music genre. I will take these photo against a plan wall, and my models costume will change here. Differing from plain costume in the first image, which is hardly recognisable to a party wear outfit in the second image. This will appeal to the whole of my target audience.

For my second photo shoot, which will be of a new group out, with 2 artists, I will use 2 of my close friends as they are also both pretty females which are what the music industry and my target audience are attracted too.

For this, I will also need to consider:
  • Costume and make-up
  • Body language
  • Facial expression
  • Background
I will conduct this photo shoot in the school environment, as it fits in with schedules and I have a good setting in the school to work from. In this photo shoot, I will also capture many images and then choose my favourites at the end. I will use different backgrounds and foregrounds to communicate and interact with the audience.

These are the main points I will follow in my photography task.

No comments:

Post a Comment