Monday 6 December 2010

Double Page Promotional Article

As on my contents and front cover, I have allowed users limited insight into the magazine, I wanted to pursue this by actually giving them some insight. I decided to design and make one of many double page articles which are in my magazine.

Firstly, I had to write up my article. From my content analysis and analysis of many different magazine. I learnt articles have to persuasive and use persuasive language, such as list of three, rhetorical questions, hyperbole and statistics. I carried out these techniques in my writing. I included statistical information about YouTube which I mentioned on my target audience profile, this does not only persuade the audience, it persuades the correct target audience as my audience are a generation most likely to listen to music online as they use mixed media frequently. I used list of three's to describe how the celebrity herself felt. Rhetorical questions to reach out to the reader and allow them to feel involved. I used many other persuasive techniques throughout.

I then went on to open my promotional article on Pages. A workshop on apple mac computers. This allowed me to firstly put my article in columns, as seen in existing music magazines. I was then able to edit the magazine, adding images, my masthead and text boxes inside of columns. 

This is my double page spread...


I feel my promotional article allows the users full insight into celebrities and reaches my intention of entertaining users with gossip from celebrities which is what my target audience loves! I have continued the colour scheme, reinforcing the constituency and gives a successful feel.


Selected Feature!

This is a feature of the double page promotional article which I feel really works well and pursues the idea given by existing music magazines. The use of a big letter introducing the article allows it to stand out and give a inviting, friendly feel.



No comments:

Post a Comment